All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis exciting art title focuses on how artists use light in their paintings. This book uses some of the most famous and best-loved artists of all time to show how their paintings reflect dramatic light, mysterious light, cold light, hot light, dappled light, rainy light, light patterns, light shapes and other forms of light.
- Author BiographyGILLIAN WOLFE CBE is Director of Learning and Public Affairs at Dulwich Picture Gallery, one of the most renowned private collections in the UK. She also works as a freelance consultant, and has lectured all over the world. Her previous art books for children include My First Art Book, winner of the Parent Choice Silver Honour Award, USA; and Art Activity Book and Children's Art Book, both winners of the Gulbenkian Prize for Best Museum Publications of the Year. Her titles with Frances Lincoln include Look! Zoom in on Art, which won the English Association's Award for the best children's non-fiction book, Look! Body Language in Art, Look! Seeing the Light in Art and Look! Drawing the Line in Art. In 1995, Gillian was awarded an MBE and in 2005 the CBE for services to Arts Education. She lives in South London.
- Author(s)Gillian Wolfe
- PublisherFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2009
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Series TitleLook!
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrances Lincoln Childrens Books
- Content Noteillustrations (chiefly col.)
- Weight204 g
- Width214 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 8
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.49Trending at AU $29.23
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $33.19
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.48
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $43.81
- AU $31.94Trending at AU $38.51
- AU $19.13Trending at AU $19.55
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.