All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTaking in its sights Matthew Arld's 'land of dreams', the collection explores the idealism and reality of a multicultural Britain with wit, intelligence and small sense of mischief. Nagra, whose own parents came to England from the Punjab in the 1950s, conjures a jazzed hybrid language to tell stories of aspiration, assimilation, alienation and love, from a stowaway's first footprint on Dover beach to the disenchantment of subsequent generations. By turns realist and romantic, these charged and challenging poems never shy from confrontation, but remain, always, touched by a humorous zeal and an appetite for living.
- Author BiographyDaljit Nagra was born and raised in West London, then Sheffield, and currently lives in Willesden where he works in a secondary school. 'Look We Have Coming to Dover!' won the Forward Prize for Best Individual Poem 2004.
- PrizesWinner of Felix Dennis Forward Poetry Prize for Best First Collection 2007. Shortlisted for Costa Poetry Award 2007.
- Author(s)Daljit Nagra
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication01/02/2007
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Weight92 g
- Width129 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.