Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $20.56Trending at AU $28.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.65
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.25
About this product
- DescriptionLook What I Dun is the story of Slade told through the eyes of drummer Don Powell whose life was shattered when, in 1973 at the height of the group's fame, he was involved in a horrific car crash. Unflinching in his honesty, Powell deals frankly with the aftermath of the accident that took the life of his girlfriend and left him with injuries that affect him to this day. Leaders of the glam rock movement, Slade were the UK's biggest singles band in the years 1971-74. Their many hits have become rock'n'roll standards, t least 'Merry Christmas Everybody', arguably Britain's all-time favourite Christmas song. For Don Powell, though, success came at a price. Lucky to survive, the aftermath of his accident included alcoholism, financial woes and a life of reckless promiscuity. Now sober and settled in Denmark with an adopted family of his own, Don Powell's story - as told to Lise Lyng Falkenberg - is a -nsense journey to the heights and depths of the rock world.
- Author BiographyLise Lyng Falkenberg is a Danish author of mostly fiction and biographies. Since her debut in 1983 a dozen of her novels and biographies have been published in both Danish and English along with hundreds of short stories, poems, essays, articles and reviews.
- Author(s)Don Powell,Lise Lyng Falkenberg
- PublisherOmnibus Press
- Date of Publication14/10/2013
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOmnibus Press
- Content Notecolour, b/w photos
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.