All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the most popular and enduring vels of the last century, Look to the Mountain is the epic story of two young settlers who start a new life in the foothills of New Hampshire's White Mountains on the eve of the American Revolution. They learn to survive amid the struggle in what was then a harsh and unforgiving landscape, forging a bond between both them and their adopted homeland. A critical and commercial success when it was first published in 1942, LeGrand Cann, Jr.'s vel was minated for the Pulitzer Prize and translated into numerous languages throughout the world. It has sold over one million copies through various editions and has never been out of print. Seventy-five years on, Look to the Mountain is still a definitive American vel, offering a captivating glimpse of life at the edges of the original colonies, and the grit and determination of the earliest New Englanders.
- Author BiographyLeGrand Cannon, Jr. (1899-1979) was a celebrated American novelist. He lived at the foot of New Hampshire's Mount Chocorua for years as research for Look to the Mountain. He was nominated for a Pulitzer Prize for his work.
- Author(s)Legrand Cannon
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication12/08/2016
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationWoodstock
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCountryman Press Inc.
- Weight430 g
- Width140 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition Statement75th Anniversary edition
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.19
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.04
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.