All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA perspective from Asia on the global financial crisis as it unfolded in real time, and, in the process redefined several prevailing macro-ecomic paradigms. Written by a policy maker with a good kwledge of ecomics and history who participated in G20 debates on crisis management, it is addressed primarily to the interested layperson, including students who feel their textbooks do t adequately explain the real world. It should also be of interest to subject specialists. The amalies in the process of fitting fact to theory are littered liberally throughout. Although the central theme is the recent global financial crisis, the book is very broad in sweep with the overarching objective of locating the crisis amidst the broad sweep of ecomic history, a changing world and policy debates. Structured in a manner that sits easy on the reader, it need t be read from beginning to end. The reader can complete the book without breaking into a sweat, with the big picture in its rich, full detail falling into place frame by frame.
- Author BiographyAlok Sheel has over 30 years of public service and policy experience as a member of the elite Indian Administrative Service (IAS), with key assignments in the finance ministry, Prime Minister's Economic Advisory Council and as multilateral interlocutor in the G20 deliberations during the Global Financial Crisis. With a Masters (distinction) in Macro-economic Policy from the University of Bradford, UK, and a PhD in History from Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India, he has written widely on issues relating to the global economy and finance, macro-economic policy, development finance, the international monetary system and global economic governance.He writes regularly for several financial dailies.
- Author(s)Alok Sheel
- PublisherAcademic Foundation
- Date of Publication30/01/2016
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationGhaziabad
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintAcademic Foundation
- Weight825 g
- Width159 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.75
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $38.99
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.32
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.