All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat does it mean when consumers shop with a conscience and choose products labeled as fair or sustainable? Does this translate into meaningful changes in global production processes? To what extent are voluntary standards implemented and enforced, and can they really govern global industries? Looking behind the Label presents an informative introduction to global production and ethical consumption, tracing the links between consumers' choices and the practices of multinational producers and retailers. Case studies of several types of products-wood and paper, food, apparel and footwear, and electronics-are used to reveal what lies behind voluntary rules and to critique predominant assumptions about ethical consumption as a form of political expression.
- Author BiographyTim Bartley is Associate Professor of Sociology at The Ohio State University. He is co-editor of Regulation & Governance, an interdisciplinary, international journal focused on the past and present of industry regulation and the changing character of governance within and across countries. Sebastian Koos is Assistant Professor of Corporate Social Responsibility, Department of Politics and Public Administration, University of Konstanz Hiram Samel is Associate Professor of International Business, Said Business School, University of Oxford. Gustavo Setrini is Assistant Professor of Food Studies at New York University. Nik Summers is a PhD candidate in Sociology at Indiana University.
- Author(s)Gustavo Setrini,Hiram Samel,Nik Summers,Sebastian Koos,Tim Bartley
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication25/05/2015
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Series TitleGlobal Research Studies
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note6 b&w illus.
- Weight563 g
- Width157 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.