All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLife's pretty good on Monkey Island. All day long, the monkeys sit around talking their monkey talk and enjoying their big-time monkey dreams. That is, except Oswego Pete, who is one slick monkey. He's bent on finding the Easy Life-a place where a monkey never has to bend all out of shape for a banana, or do any hard work, ever. Is it where the high grass grows at the foot of the mountain? Or down by the seaside? Uh-Huh Freddie, the Chief Monkey, says easy isn't always good, and a little hard work's t always bad. Who's right? You will learn how to find the Easy Life in this witty adventure from popular author Walter Dean Myers and artist Lee Harper.
- Author BiographyWalter Dean Myers was the New York Times bestselling author of Monster, the winner of the first Michael L. Printz Award; a former National Ambassador for Young People's Literature; and an inaugural NYC Literary Honoree. Myers received every single major award in the field of children's literature. He was the author of two Newbery Honor Books and six Coretta Scott King Awardees. He was the recipient of the Margaret A. Edwards Award for lifetime achievement in writing for young adults, a three-time National Book Award Finalist, as well as the first-ever recipient of the Coretta Scott King-Virginia Hamilton Award for Lifetime Achievement. Lee Harper is an artist, teacher, and storyteller. Looking for the Easy Life is his fourth picture book. Lee also illustrated woolbur, by Leslie Helakoski, with lumpy, expressive ovines, especially the wild-wooled Woolbur, that brought the delightful tale of independence to life (Kirkus Reviews); Turkey Trouble, by Wendi Silvano; and Snow! Snow! Snow!, the first book he both wrote and illustrated. Lee lives in Doylestown, Pennsylvania, with his family.
- Author(s)Walter Dean Meyers
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication16/05/2011
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notechiefly col. Illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width229 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Lee Harper
- Interest AgeFrom 4
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.