All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSocks are fun and easy projects to loom knit. In just a few hours you can create fabulous socks in every color, texture. and style imaginable! From thick socks for cold winters, to breathable sports socks for active knitters, this book can help you knit unique designs for all occasions. Ather book in the popular loom knitting series by Isela Phelps, this comprehensive book reveals everything you need to kw to loom knit socks. There are 50 projects for -needle knitting---from colorful baby booties to beaded sophisticated numbers. As with the previous books, all the basics are covered in the comprehensive illustrated introductory chapter, so anyone, even a beginning loomer, is able to follow along. If this is your first time knitting a sock, turn to Socks 101 and make the class sock. It's easy and fast and only takes a few hours to master the technique. Move on to Sock Anatomy to learn about the different areas of the sock, the order in which they get knitted---toe up or toe down and what those terms mean. For experienced loomers wanting to learn more tricks of the trade there's invaluable advice in the book, everything from recommended yarns and sock sizes, to looming techniques and troubleshooting is covered. The 50 patterns in the book are divided into seven categories: Simple Socks, Textured Socks, Colorwork Socks, Fancy Cables and Beads Socks, Lace Socks, Kids Socks, and even Footsies--describing other foot coverings that can be used for pedicures and yoga class. You are sure to find socks that appeals to family members and friends. So grab your loom and sock it to them!
- Author BiographyISELA PHELPS is the author of the bestseller Loom Knitting Primer and Loom Knitting Pattern Book. She is an active member of the online knitting community, where she promotes loom knitting as an alternative to needle knitting. She also serves as an editor and publisher of Loom Knitters Circle, an online magazine for loom knitters. Isela has been loom knitting for seven years and is considered one of the top loom knitting experts in the US. She lives in Cache Valley, Utah with her husband and two children.
- Author(s)Isela Phelps
- PublisherSt Martin's Press
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Series TitleNo-Needle Knits
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt Martin's Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations, black & white line drawings, colour line drawings, charts
- Weight454 g
- Width190 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Trade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.