All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis title was the winner of the Sunday Times/ PFD Young Writer Award 2015. It was shortlisted for the T. S. Eliot Prize 2015. It was shortlisted for the Forward Prize for the Best Collection 2015. There is a Chinese proverb that says: 'It is more profitable to raise geese than daughters.' But geese, like daughters, kw the obligation to return home. In her exquisite first collection, Sarah Howe explores a dual heritage, journeying back to Hong Kong in search of her roots. With extraordinary range and power, the poems build into a meditation on hybridity, intermarriage and love - what meaning we find in the world, in art, and in each other. Crossing the bounds of time, race and language, this is an enthralling exploration of self and place, of migration and in heritance, and introduces an unmistakable new voice in British poetry.
- Author BiographySarah Howe was born in Hong Kong in 1983 to an English father and Chinese mother, and moved to England as a child. Her pamphlet, A Certain Chinese Encyclopedia, was published in 2009, and she received an Eric Gregory Award in 2010. She lives in Cambridge and London. Loop of Jade is her first collection, which won the T.S. Eliot Prize 2015 and the Sunday Times / PFD Young Writer of the Year Award, and was shortlisted for the Forward Prize for Best First Collection.
- PrizesWinner of T S Eliot Prize 2016 and T S Eliot Prize 2015 and Sunday Times Young Writer of the Year Award 2015. Shortlisted for Seamus Heaney Centre Prize for Poetry 2016 and Felix Dennis Forward Poetry Prize for Best First Collection 2015.
- Author(s)Sarah Howe
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication07/05/2015
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChatto & Windus
- Weight104 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $73.88Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.95Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.