All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMichelin-starred chef Andrew Pern's outstanding Game cookbook delivers a fresh approach for cooking Poultry, Game & Fish from The Star Inn at Harome.Andrew Pern's multi-award-winning cookbook includes stunning flavour combinations and recipes, sharing his passion, kwledge and enthusiasm for Poultry, Game & Fish.This book contains 65 outstanding recipes within 13 chapters, each beginning with its own large-format section portraying the content with captivating photography and phemenal impact, including: Partridge, Deer, Pigeon & Squab, Grouse, Pheasant, Chicken, Duck & Goose, Guinea Fowl, Rabbit & Hare, Trout & Wild Salmon, The Best Of The Rest and Snacks & Drinks.Andrew reveals how his philosophy and kwledge have led to his unique success, as well as sharing some of his most sought-after culinary secrets and his love and life-long enthusiasm for Poultry, Game and Fish.With a foreword by Michel Roux and an introduction by Brian Turner, and photography by Drew Gardner.
- Author BiographyAndrew's name is synonymous with that of his Yorkshire pub, the Michelin-starred Star Inn at Harome - a truly unique British thatched pub with low beams and wonky walls that has centuries of hospitality steeped into its timbers, believed to date back to the 14th century.Andrew acquired The Star in 1996 and has been recognised with numerous hospitality awards and accolades ever since, including the pub being one of the first in the UK to be awarded a Michelin star - It is still one of only a handful of pubs ever to be recognised by Michelin with a star.Andrew's use of local seasonal produce from Yorkshire reflects his modern take on classic British dishes and his own roots as a farmer's son from the North York Moors. He believes that the Yorkshire Moors were an idyllic place for him to live and learn about nature's larder; seafood from the North Sea; lamb, beef and pork reared with pride by neighbours; game shoots alongside the Esk Valley; and grouse from the purple-shrouded moors, all played a vital part in his culinary education.
- PrizesJoint winner for Roses Design Awards Publications Category Bronze Award 2011.
- Author(s)Andrew Pern
- Date of Publication01/12/2010
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLeeds
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note300
- Weight2 g
- Width210 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine45 mm
- Introduction byBrian Turner
- Foreword byMichel Roux
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.