CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.22
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.65
- AU $13.84Trending at AU $17.86
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $21.38
About this product
- DescriptionAn airship disaster disrupts the 30th anniversary celebration of the SIP and ALE baseball leagues, fueling tension between the once-warring Setherian and Helderan nations. As both sides prepare to lay down bats and balls in exchange for muskets and canns, Andrew Naughton -- aided by his robotic dog Crandy -- rushes to unravel the conspiracy and preserve the cease-fire that brought three decades of peace to the continent. But then Naughton finds himself accused...
- Author BiographyMichael Barbato-Dunn is an author and blogger who worked for many years as a City Hall reporter for an all-news radio station. His passions include fantasy baseball and science fiction, and has managed to combine both in this sprawling novel. He lives with his wife, daughter and their two dogs in Philadelphia. Q. Where did the idea for this book come from? A. I imagined a steampunk world divided by years of civil war, in which the exhausted inhabitants turn to the sport of baseball as an alternative to bloodshed. I infused the book with a huge cast of memorable characters, political intrigue, bizarre science, a bit of romance, and an epic pennant-race. Q. What is the inspiration for the story? A. H.G. Wells, a forefather of steampunk, was very much a pacifist, and he proposed that games could serve as an alternative to war. My novel embodies that theme, so setting the story in a fictional steampunk world seemed a natural homage to Wells. Q. Which actor/actress would you like to see playing the lead character from this book? A. Bradley Cooper as Andrew Naughton, Ian Holm as Lord Bart, and Helen Mirren as Lady Vivian Lynam.
- Author(s)Michael Barbato-Dunn
- PublisherSetheridge Press
- Date of Publication06/05/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSetheridge Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight603 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.