All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionAn illuminating, reassuring explanation of the Catholic Church s teachings on confession and forgiveness by the bestselling author of The Lamb s Supper and Hail, Holy Queen. Jesus told his first clergy, If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained. In Lord, Have Mercy, Scott Hahn explores the sacrament of reconciliation and shows why it is the key to spiritual growth, particularly in these times of intense anxiety and uncertainty. Drawing on the history of ancient Israel, the Gospels, the writings of the early Church, and the lives of the saints, Hahn reveals the living, scriptural heart of the Church s teachings on penance, forgiveness, and reconciliation. It is a story that begins with the sin of Adam and Eve, continues in the biographies of Moses, King David, and the Apostle Peter, and reverberates in the lives of believers today. Hahn presents the Catholic and biblical perspective on sin and mercy, elucidating in clear, easily understood language the true import of Jesus simple, yet profound promise I am the door; if anyone enters by Me, he will be saved (John 10:9). Like Hahn s earlier books, Lord, Have Mercy offers thoughtful, authoritative insights into controversial issues and disputed doctrines in a manner that will enlighten lay readers yet is thorough eugh for scholars to appreciate. More than just a Bible study, it is a guide for the perplexed, providing practical advice and inspiration that will help readers come to a deeper kwledge of themselves and of Jesus through the sacrament of penance.
- Author BiographySCOTT HAHN, an internationally renowned Catholic lecturer and theologian, is a professor of biblical theology at the Franciscan University of Steubenville. He is the director of the Institute of Applied Biblical Studies and president of the St. Paul Center for Biblical Theology. His books include A Father Who Keeps His Promises, Rome Sweet Home (coauthored with his wife, Kimberly), The Lamb s Supper, Hail, Holy Queen, and First Comes Love. He lives in Steubenville, Ohio.
- Author(s)Scott W. Hahn
- PublisherRandom House Children's Publishers UK
- Date of Publication29/04/2003
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDoubleday Children's Books
- Weight340 g
- Width140 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.