All listings for this product
Save on Audio Books
- AU $28.19Trending at AU $29.78
- AU $25.20Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $45.20Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $44.90Trending at AU $48.40
- AU $35.89Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $42.29Trending at AU $46.12
- AU $25.76Trending at AU $33.06
About this product
- DescriptionLord Jim tells the story of a young, idealistic Englishman- as unflinching as a hero in a book -who is disgraced by a single act of cowardice while serving as an officer on the Patna, a merchant-ship sailing from an eastern port. His life is ruined: an isolated scandal has assumed horrifying proportions. But then he is befriended by an older man named Marlow who helps to establish him in exotic Patusan, a remote Malay settlement where his courage is put to the test once more. Lord Jim is about courage and cowardice, self-kwledge and personal growth. It is one of the most profound and rewarding psychological vels in English. Set in the context of social change and colonial expansion in late Victorian England, it embodies in Jim the values and turmoil of a fading empire.
- Author BiographyNovelist Joseph Conrad, one of the first English modernists, was considered by critics to be the single most important innovator of twentieth-century literature. Among his most famous works are Heart of Darkness and Lord Jim. British narrator John Lee has read audiobooks in almost every conceivable genre, from Charles Dickens to Patrick O'Brian. He has won numerous Audie Awards and AudioFile Earphones Awards, and he was named a Golden Voice by AudioFile in 2009.
- Author(s)Joseph Conrad
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication08/02/2010
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Out-of-print date04/02/2017
- Weight162 g
- Width172 mm
- Height165 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Narrator(s)John Lee
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time750
- Edition StatementLibrary ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.