All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionA Bulgakov-like cocktail of romance, murder, and mystery are conjured up in this existential thriller set in the Czech capital This witty, inventive Gothic novel tells the story of Count Arco, a keen fencer and debauched womanizer in 19th century Prague, who makes a lone stand against the destruction of the popular Jewish quarter, with its Bohemian nightlife and whorehouses. Arco buys up a house and refuses to move out, going into battle with the corrupt officials at the Town Hall--but the Quarter is rocked by the appearance of a murderer, and Arco is also distracted from his cause by the appearance of a femme fatale whose heart he must conquer.
- Author BiographyMilos Urban lives in Prague, which is used as a setting for all his novels, including The Seven Churches. Known as the dark knight of Czech literature, he has recently translated Isaac Singer and Julian Barnes from English into Czech.
- Author(s)Milos Urban
- PublisherPeter Owen Publishers
- Date of Publication04/04/2012
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPeter Owen Publishers
- Weight500 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Translated byGerald Turner
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.