All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the great figures of 19th-century Britain, Lord Palmerston had an extensive career both as a domestic politician and as an international statesman. This volume is the first comprehensive bibliography of his life, both public and private. It includes published and unpublished material by and about Palmerston, from his own time to the present. The book begins with a brief biographical sketch and chrology of Palmerston's life. Over half of the work covers primary source materials and unpublished materials pertaining to Palmerston's career. The following sections deal with his speeches and published writings, general biography, and the secondary literature on his early life and political career, his years as foreign secretary, home secretary, and prime minister, and his private life. The work also includes sections on icography, death and funeral tices, theses and dissertations, and full indexes.
- Author BiographyMICHAEL S. PARTRIDGE is lecturer in history at St. Mary's University College: A College of the University of Surrey in England. His earlier work includes The Duke of Wellington 1769-1852: A Bibliography (Greenwood Press, 1990). KAREN E. PARTRIDGE is an independent researcher and bibliographer.
- Date of Publication30/05/1994
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleBibliographies of British Statesmen
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 16.
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight652 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byKaren E. Partridge,Michael Stephen Partridge
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.