All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of America s favorite chefs gives a healthy and exciting twist on the best street foods of Latin America. The taco. The arepa. The empanada. The tamale. From the streets of Mexico and Venezuela to Ecuador, Puerto Rico and Cuba, these comfort foods represent something that s shared across our Latin cultures: the concept of food in a vessel. Food embraced! Breaking down each new-style taco into its elements, Lorena shows you how to create each delicious layer from the shell to the fillings to the toppings, including slaws, salads, and sauces. You ll give a Southern Hoppin John a new name and a Latin accent. You ll top the sweetest of plantains with the tangiest of pickled onions. And you ll learn how to make extraordinary side dishes like creamy Peruvian corn gratin, a flavorful succotash with a trio of beans, and avocado fries. These flavor-packed recipes are made for pairing and sharing, depending on your craving or occasion. Master the elements, and your mix-and-match possibilities will be endless. You ll find yourself easily cooking, eating, and swooning your way through a dizzying new world of crowd-pleasing Latin fare.
- Author BiographyVenezuelan-born restaurateur, TV personality, and cookbook author Lorena Garcia is currently one of the country s leading chefs. She is well known for numerous TV series (Top Chef Masters, Top Chef Estrellas, Sazon con Lorena Garcia, Lorena en Su Salsa, and El Mejor De Los Peores to name a few), a successful chain of restaurants, and her cookbook, Lorena Garcia s New Latin Classics. She was the creator of the Cantina Bell menu at Taco Bell, and has her own cookware line, Lorena Bella Kitchen Collection for HSN.
- Author(s)Lorena Garcia
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication15/01/2017
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2017
- Weight1247 g
- Width190 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $29.11Trending at AU $33.23
- AU $41.50Trending at AU $43.73
- AU $17.17Trending at AU $17.98
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $30.16
- AU $19.53Trending at AU $31.25
- AU $46.45Trending at AU $50.70
- AU $16.23Trending at AU $20.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.