All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.07Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
About this product
- DescriptionI'm ready for my close-up, Mr. DeMille! Los Angeles, the City of Angels, is the capital of show business, where to be young and beautiful is to have it all. This all-new edition of Los Angeles Then and Now is a captivating chronicle of history and change in the mecca of glamour and glitz. -This tell-all book matches 70 historic images with 70 specially commissioned photos of modern LA, showing the amazing evolution of California's largest city.-Notice how Native American and Spanish Colonial architectural and cultural influences reside comfortably alongside the glitz of Tinseltown and the cosmopolitan high-rises of LA.-Movie fans will enjoy the many then-and-w pix of legendary Hollywood landmarks like Schwab's Pharmacy, Paramount Studios, Grauman's Chinese Theater, and the Roosevelt Hotel.
- Author BiographyRosemary Lord worked as an actress and magazine writer in London before heading for the bright lights of Hollywood. She has new spent nearly 20 years living and working in Los Angeles, acting in theater, films, and television, as well as spending time as a senior publicist for Columbia Pictures. As a journalist, she has written for many prestigious magazines in America and Europe, as well as writing film and television scripts and a travel book.
- Author(s)Rosemary Lord
- PublisherThunder Bay Press
- Date of Publication25/09/2014
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleThen & Now (Thunder Bay Press)
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCanterbury Classics
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight975 g
- Width287 mm
- Height249 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.