Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $36.33Trending at AU $38.28
- AU $43.75Trending at AU $48.78
- AU $38.00Trending at AU $60.52
- AU $24.11Trending at AU $29.46
- AU $16.58Trending at AU $18.63
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $34.72
About this product
- DescriptionWhile many of these dishes, like Paella, Flan, and Sangria, may be traced back to the Canary Islands and Spain, many others, including Irish Stew, Chicken Cacciatore, and a New England Boiled Dinner, claim differing lineages. Still others are pure Louisiana. Nine recipes are included for Gumbo, t to mention two variations of Fried Alligator. What they all share, aside from their great taste, is the fact that they have been incorporated into the Isle culinary lexicon. And, apparently, they like their sweets, too -- one entire chapter is devoted to Cakes, Cookies and Candies, with ather reserved for Desserts and Pies. While others may eat to live, los Isles live to eat.
- Author(s)Los Islenos Heritage and Cultural Society
- PublisherPelican Publishing Co
- Date of Publication01/06/2000
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationGretna, LA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPelican Publishing Co
- Content Noteillustrations, index
- Weight620 g
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine37 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.