All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the harrowing memoir of Little's two-year binge as a compulsive gambler - a fall from grace that made front-page headlines, destroyed his life, and brought him to the very gates of prison, insanity and death. A cautionary tale of obsession and escape, told with brutal honesty and biting irony, LOSING MARIPOSA chronicles everything from the allure of the roulette wheel to the despair of the parking lot. This is a rare first-hand account the devastation wrought by the addiction to gambling, a social problem w growing to epidemic proportions. Illustrated with 20 b/w photos.
- Author BiographyDoug Little was a very respected citizen in the small Ontario town of Orillia, and had the responsibility for organising its charity casinos. But as his gambling habit took over his life, Doug began to fake the bank deposits, and use profits from the charity casinos to pay for his own gambling. A former journalist, and reformed alcoholic, he now runs the Tulip Festival in Ottowa.
- Author(s)Doug Little
- PublisherECW Press,Canada
- Date of Publication03/01/2003
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationMontreal
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintECW Press,Canada
- Content Note20ill.
- Weight788 g
- Width152 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.