Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.00+ AU $7.99 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by mastore_sales
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'[an] enchanting debut...Lost & Found is a highly entertaining road trip and much, much more...bubbling with warmth and humour, it also explores loss, death, love and trust.' THE WEST AUSTRALIAN At seven years old, Millie Bird realises that everything is dying around her. She wasn't to kw that after she had recorded twenty-seven assorted creatures in her Book of Dead Things her dad would be a Dead Thing, too. Agatha Pantha is eighty-two and has t left her house since her husband died. She sits behind her front window, hidden by the curtains and ivy, and shouts at passers-by, roaring her anger at complete strangers. Until the day Agatha spies a young girl across the street. Karl the Touch Typist is eighty-seven when his son kisses him on the cheek before leaving him at the nursing home. As he watches his son leave, Karl has a moment of clarity. He escapes the home and takes off in search of something different. Three lost people needing to be found. But they don't kw it yet. Millie, Agatha and Karl are about to break the rules and discover what living is all about. PRAISE for LOST & FOUND 'heartbreaking and funny and brilliant' HERALD SUN Winner: General Fiction Book Of The Year, Australian Book Industry Awards (ABIA) 2015 Matt Richell New Writer Of The Year, Australian Book Industry Awar ds (ABIA) 2015 Shortlisted: Debut Fiction, Indie Book Awards 2015 Australian Booksellers Association Neilsen BookData Booksellers Choice Award 2015
- Author BiographyBrooke Davis grew up in Bellbrae, Victoria, and attempted to write her first novel when she was ten years old. It was genre-busting foray into the inner-workings of a young teenage girl s mind Anne of Green Gables meets The Baby-Sitters Club meets Are You There God? It's Me Margaret titled Summer Sadness. Fortunately it remains unfinished, as she quickly realised she didn't know the first thing about sadness, or being a teenager. Lost & Found is her first proper novel, and she was lucky to write it as part of a PhD at Curtin University in Perth, Western Australia. She still lives there (in Perth, not at university), and is sometimes allowed to work at a very nice bookshop nearby. Much to Brooke's surpise, Lost & Found proved to be the buzz book of the 2014 London Book Fair. The translation rights have since been sold into sixteen countries and major deals have been confirmed in the United States and Great Britain.
- Author(s)Brooke Davis
- PublisherHachette Australia
- Date of Publication24/06/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2014
- ImprintHachette Australia
- Out-of-print date21/01/2016
- Weight400 g
- Width153 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Most relevant reviews
- 0neutrino07 Nov, 2014by
A delightful book with lovable characters.
A gorgeous read. You'll love the quirky characters. It's funny, it's sad and has some beautiful moments. This book has a lot of heart.
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $30.99New
- AU $71.82New
- AU $91.13New
- AU $79.26New
- AU $49.25New
- AU $21.55New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.90Trending at AU $30.99
- AU $12.20Trending at AU $16.37
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $79.26
- AU $10.69Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.11
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.87
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $19.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.