All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this informative and beautifully illustrated book, Carol Foreman traces Glasgow's history primarily through buildings which have been demolished, but which played a central part in the city's story at one time or ather. Beginning with the Medieval age, the book is comprised of four parts spanning more than eight centuries: the Medieval town; from Reformation to the Act of Union; the Merchant City, and finally the Victorian Age. Lost Glasgow provides a fascinating picture of how the city evolved and how major events throughout the centuries affected its trade, people and environment. Churches, banks and theatres as well as domestic buildings all feature in this illuminating journey through Glasgow's rich architectural past. Carol Foreman's picture research has been meticulous and she has crammed in almost 150 maps, drawings, engravings, watercolours and photographs documenting the lost structures.
- Author BiographyCarol Foreman is the author of Glasgow Curiosities, Hidden Glasgow, Glasgow Street Names, Made in Scotland and Glasgow from the Air. She is a noted local historian and lives and works in Glasgow.
- Author(s)Carol Foreman
- PublisherBirlinn General
- Date of Publication01/05/2003
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBirlinn Ltd
- Content Noteb/w throughout
- Weight490 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.