All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionThis second installment of a multivolume work on the Hemenway Southwestern Archaeological Expedition of 1886-1889 focuses on a report written by Cushing on the origins and early months of the expedition. Hidden in several archives for a century, the Itinerary is assembled and presented here for the first time to offer t only a vivid account of the first attempt at scientific excavations in the Southwest, but also an exciting tale of travel through the region and an intellectual adventure story that sheds important light on the human past in Arizona's Salt River Valley.
- Author BiographyCurtis M. Hinsley is a professor of history at Northern Arizona University. He has written widely on American cultural history, including the book <i>The Smithsonian and the American Indian: Making a Moral Anthropology in Victorian America</i>. David R. Wilcox is senior research archaeologist and special assistant to the deputy director at the Museum of Northern Arizona.
- Author(s)Frank Hamilton Cushing
- PublisherUniversity of Arizona Press
- Date of Publication15/10/2002
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationTucson
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Arizona Press
- Content Noteillustrations, maps
- Weight748 g
- Width159 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edited byCurtis M. Hinsley,David R. Wilcox
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.