Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
About this product
- DescriptionSheffield is the fourth-largest city in England and was where the Industrial Revolution began in earnest. The city is rewned for its high-quality steel and fine cutlery, for its two large universities and for having the biggest shopping centre in Europe, yet there is so much more to its history and its heritage. Over 250 images reproduced in full colour here capture the city's special identity, from beautiful landscapes to smogcovered housing, from a short-lived airport to the Sheffield theatre. In this collection, we see the industries, events, parks, museums and people of Sheffield city centre in a bygone era.
- Author BiographyProfessor Ian D. Rotherham is an international authority on cultural and historical aspects of landscapes and is Reader in Tourism & Environmental Change at Sheffield Hallam University. He works with the BBC Radio 4 History Programme, and has appeared in and advised on many documentaries and news programmes including Panorama and Horizon. His previous books include Roman Baths in Britain and Sherwood Forest & the Dukeries: A Companion to the Land of Robin Hood. Ian lives in Sheffield.
- Author(s)Ian D. Rotherham
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication15/11/2013
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note180
- Width248 mm
- Height170 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.