All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis pack contains 78 full-color tarot cards as well as an illustrated instructional booklet. In 1994 a researcher working in the Italian National Library in Rome discovered a manuscript containing 80 mysterious paintings, believed to have been devised by the mysterious prophet Michael de Nostredame, better kwn as Nostradamus. The manuscript, never published in his lifetime, was handed down to his son who later presented it to Pope Urban VIII. After that it remained forgotten and neglected. A brief glance at these extraordinary images shows how heavily they draw on the symbolism of Tarot. It is the belief of Tarot experts, Matthews and Kinghan, that Nostradamus was designing his own set of cards, drawing upon the visionary insights gleaned from his prophetic writings and visions. Now this Tarot has been brought to fruition by two modern experts and its secrets revealed for the first time. Visionary artist Wil Kinghan and New York Times best-selling author and longtime student of Tarot, John Matthews have devised a deck which incorporates Nostradamus' own images, fully updated to make what will surely be judged one of the most important decks of this age.
- Author BiographyJohn Matthews has produced a number of successful divinatory systems based on early spiritual beliefs including the best selling Arthurian Tarot (with Caitlin Matthews and Miranda Gray), The Wildwood Tarot (with Mark Ryan and Will Worthington), The Green Man Tree Oracle (with Will Worthington), The Celtic Animal Oracle and Grail Tarot (with Giovanni Casselli). His book, Pirates, was No 1 in the New York Times Book Review and a best seller for 22 weeks in 2007. Wil Kinghan is a writer, artist and explorer of the Hermetic and Celtic traditions. He studied Archeology at University College Dublin, and Environmental Design at NCAD in the 1980s. He then worked in advertising and commercial art as an Art Director, winning awards for various campaigns such as for Guinness in the 1990s. He left advertising to form his own company and develop his art and writing. He recently completed work on several writing and illustration projects including The Shaman's Oracle (Watkins) and The Ancestor Oracle (Watkins).
- Author(s)John Matthews
- PublisherTuttle Publishing
- Date of Publication04/10/2016
- SubjectAstrology & Fortune-telling
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTuttle Publishing
- Weight590 g
- Width150 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Illustrator(s)Wil Kinghan
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.