Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- Description<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC -//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN > While contemporaries and historians alike hailed the establishment of Buffalo National Park in Wainwright, Alberta as a wildlife saving effort, the political climate of the early 20th century worked against it. The Canadian Parks Branch was never sufficiently funded to operate BNP effectively or to remedy the crises the animals faced as a result. Cross-breeding experiments with bison and domestic cattle proved unfruitful. Attempts at commercializing the herd had success. Ultimately, the Department of National Defence repurposed the park for military training and the bison disappeared once more.
- Author Biography<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC -//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN > Jennifer Brower received her MA in 2004 from the University of Alberta. She currently works at the Buffalo National Park Foundation in Wainwright, Alberta. Her research continues to focus on BNP and on the history of east-central Alberta.
- Author(s)Jennifer Brower
- PublisherAU Press
- Date of Publication15/05/2008
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationEDMONTON
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintAU Press
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight318 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.