All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines the eastern European seminar of the late 1980s and early 1990sGCoan ongoing academic meeting place outside the formal rubric of the universityGCotracing its evolution into a social movement on the street and identifying the political force of the theoretical conversations that took place there. It also shows how these theories reflect the loss of socialist idealisms and established materialist frameworks that eventually evolved into a set of heterotopic visions with a fundamentally altered sense of materialism. It provides both glimpses of a genuinely alternative world to the Western academy that its denizens are so prone to critique, one in which oral discourse and dialogism were especially prominent values, and a utopian view of the Western intellectual world from that w-lost space.
- Author BiographyMIGLENA NIKOLCHINA is Chair of the Department of Theory of Literature, Sofia University, Sofia, Bulgaria. Her publications in English include Matricide in Language: Writing Theory in Kristeva and Woolf.
- Author(s)Miglena Nikolchina
- PublisherFordham University Press
- Date of Publication10/10/2012
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFordham University Press
- Weight261 g
- Width5830 mm
- Height3895 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $23.03New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.96
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.47
- AU $60.87Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.87
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.