All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
About this product
- DescriptionSet against today's context of globalization and the decline of large-scale industry, Lost Worlds is a detailed exploration of the world of labour in late nineteenth- and early twentieth-century South Asia. Using a wide range of oral and archival sources as well as popular literature, Chitra Joshi reconstructs working class lives, exploring their everyday worlds at the workplace and within community life, as well as their moments of conflict and struggle. In its analysis of the complex relationship between past and present, memory and history, culture and practice, community and nation, everyday life and moments of upheaval, this book represents a very significant academic contribution to labour history in South Asia.
- Author BiographyChitra Joshi obtained her PhD in labour history from Jawaharlal Nehru University and teaches history at Indraprastha College, Delhi University. She has published essays in a wide range of international academic journals.
- Author(s)Chitra Joshi
- PublisherAnthem Press
- Date of Publication05/03/2005
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleAnthem South Asian Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAnthem Press
- Content Note24+ halftone illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.