All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYork is kwn throughout the world because of its historic association with famous moments in English history, from Roman stronghold to Viking capital. It was also the home of major industries, with York-made chocolates and other manufacturing industries table in times past. Today, the city is the vibrant county town of Yorkshire, has two universities, excellent theatres and also hosts the famous York races. The lifeblood of this remarkable city is the River Ouse, which runs west to east through York and then across the southeastern lowlands of the Vale of York before, joined to the River Derwent, discharging to the great Humber Estuary and ultimately the North Sea. Along the watercourses south of York there are ancient floodlands, meadows and pastures at sites like Wheldrake Ings, a major nature reserve managed by the Yorkshire Wildlife Trust and Natural England. Steeped in history, culture and remarkable heritage, York draws visitors from all over the world. Today a major tourist centre, the city has excellent shopping facilities, restaurants, hotels, museums and galleries, and two major universities.
- Author BiographyProfessor Ian D. Rotherham, an international authority on cultural and historical aspects of landscapes, is Reader in Tourism & Environmental Change at Sheffield Hallam University. He works with the BBC Radio 4 History Programme, and has appeared in and advised on many documentaries and news programmes such as Panorama and Horizon.
- Author(s)Ian D. Rotherham
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication10/03/2016
- SubjectPeople & Places: General
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note180
- Width246 mm
- Height168 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.46
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $91.12
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.