All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionImplement a more constructive approach to difficult students Lost and Found is a follow-up to Dr. Ross Greene's landmark works, The Explosive Child and Lost at School, providing educators with highly practical, explicit guidance on implementing his Collaborative & Proactive Solutions (CPS) Problem Solving model with behaviorally-challenging students. While the first two books described Dr. Greene's positive, constructive approach and described implementation on a macro level, this useful guide provides the details of hands-on CPS implementation by those who interact with these children every day. Readers will learn how to incorporate students' input in understanding the factors making it difficult for them to meet expectations and in generating mutually satisfactory solutions. Specific strategies, sample dialogues, and time-tested advice help educators implement these techniques immediately. The groundbreaking CPS approach has been a revelation for parents and educators of behaviorally-challenging children. This book gives educators the concrete guidance they need to immediately begin working more effectively with these students. * Implement CPS one-on-one or with an entire class * Work collaboratively with students to solve problems * Study sample dialogues of CPS in action * Change the way difficult students are treated The discipline systems used in K-12 schools are obsolete, and aren't working for the kids to whom they're most often applied those with behavioral challenges. Lost and Found provides a roadmap to a different paradigm, helping educators radically transform the way they go about helping their most challenging students.
- Author BiographyROSS W. GREENE, PD, is the originator of the influential model now known as Collaborative & Proactive Solutions, as described in his previous books The Explosive Child and Lost at School. He was on the faculty at Harvard Medical School for over twenty years, and is now founding director of the nonprofit Lives in the Balance, an organization providing free online resources on his model and advocating on behalf of behaviorally-challenging kids and their teachers, parents, and other caregivers. He is also adjunct associate professor in the Department of Psychology at Virginia Tech. He consults to families, general and special education schools, inpatient psychiatry units, and residential and juvenile detention facilities throughout the world.
- Author(s)Ross W. Greene
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication17/06/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleJ-B Ed: Reach and Teach
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight402 g
- Width154 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $20.56Trending at AU $28.58
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $43.92Trending at AU $50.20
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.