Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.68
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $44.26Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.44
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $46.03
- AU $20.59Trending at AU $22.70
About this product
- DescriptionKing John, an Asian sub-postmaster, a harassed solicitor, a crime writer, a driving instructor, a rugby tour, the Peasants' Revolt, several bears, two train journeys and more than one rabbit feature in this collection of short stories from Charles Nevin, award-winning journalist, columnist and chronicler of engaging curiosities. Some are set in the past, some in the present. Some are inspired by Raymond Chandler, John Betjeman and Enid Blyton. All are new. Most are funny. And one is blue...
- Author BiographyCHARLES NEVIN has written for, among others, The Guardian, The Independent on Sunday, The Daily Telegraph, The Times, The Sunday Times and The New York Times. This is his first book of fiction, although he has published three books of non-fiction. The first, Lancashire, Where Women Die of Love, a paean to the neglected romance of his native county, was praised by Jeremy Paxman, Joanna Lumley and the Southport Visiter; Professor J K Walton, quondam Professor of Social History at The University of Central Lancashire, considered it 'frivolous' but allowed it to be 'thought-provoking'. The second, The Book of Jacks, a history and lexicon of our most popular first name and the remarkable characters who have borne it, failed to achieve the success it deserved; indeed, a month after publication, the publisher said, 'It may be, Charles, that you and I are the only two people in the world who think this book is a good idea'. Charles still likes it. His third, So Long Our Home, a history of Knowsley Road, the famous old ground of St Helens Rugby Football Club, written with Alex Service, the club historian, is very popular in St Helens. He lives in an old watermill in Somerset just behind the railway station.
- Author(s)Charles Nevin
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication07/06/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Out-of-print date21/07/2016
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight240 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.