All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionKathy H. Brown focuses on the nature and content of the teaching of sopra Lotte Lehmann (1888-1976)-with an emphasis on interpretation of the text-after her immigration to the United States. Advice culled from the transcripts of voice lessons and master classes as well as from questionnaire from students is provided for two-hundred-twenty-three art songs by twenty-six composers and twenty-five arias by twelve composers. This is preceded by summaries of Lehmann's careers in the opera house and on the recital stage in Europe and America. The volume is illustrated with fifty black-and-white photographs and the black-and-white reproduction of thirty-eight paintings by Lehmann herself in response to specific lieder by Schubert and Schumann.
- Author BiographyKathy H. Brown is Professor of Music at Southwest Baptist Universty, Missouri, USA.
- Author(s)Kathy Hinton Brown
- PublisherThe College Music Society
- Date of Publication30/04/2013
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleMonographs & Bibliographies in American Music
- Series Part/Volume Number23
- Place of PublicationMIssoula
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe College Music Society
- Content Noteillustrations
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.