Louder Than Words: Take Your Career from Average to Exceptional with the Hidden Power of Nonverbal Intelligence by Toni Sciarra Poynter, Joe Navarro (Hardback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $37.72+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
About this product
- DescriptionWhy is it that some people have all of the elements of success - education, skills, integrity, motivation - but can't seem to move from effectiveness to excellence in their careers? Finally, behaviour expert Joe Navarro reveals the long-sought answer. Louder Than Words teaches how to master nverbal intelligence, the ability to read, interpret, and utilise nverbal signals-or in poker terms, 'tells' - in the workplace to influence, persuade, and assess others in real time. Drawing on his decades of work in the behavioural sciences, Navarro shows how to use his simple yet powerful comfort/discomfort model to decode nverbal behaviour and gain crucial insights about what's really 'being said' at meetings, interviews, negotiations, presentations, business meals, and more, including the casual yet critical water cooler exchanges that are the driving force of an organisation. Following his advice, anyone can jumpstart their career as they discover how to: read body language to understand what others are thinking, feeling, or intending; instantly detect nverbal cues of concern, disagreement, or doubt-even on the phone; master the all-important first impression; assess clients or interviewees while simultaneously influencing them; recognise habits that send the wrong message, from nail biting to inappropriate attire-and what a person's posture, work practices, workspace, accoutrements, and electronic habits say about them; use settings, seating, and gestures strategically to inspire and captivate; and, become culturally aware and gender-sensitive, from best handshake practices to personal space preferences.
- Author BiographyJoe Navarro was a career FBI agent specializing in nonverbal communications and is now a lecturer and consultant for major companies worldwide. He has appeared on Hardball with Chris Matthews, the Today show, the CBS Early Show, CNN, Fox News, and other major media. He lives in Tampa, Florida. Toni Sciarra Poynter is a writer and editor living in New York City.
- Author(s)Joe Navarro,Toni Sciarra Poynter
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication19/04/2010
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWilliam Morrow
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.