Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
About this product
- Description1988 marked the one hundredth anniversary of Louis Icart's birth. There were parades of large celebrations, but Louis and his wife, Fanny, would certainly have been grateful at the great resurgence of interest in his artwork. This newly expanded book w includes over 510 different etchings, painstakingly acquired and photographed. Particular attention has been given to the early years (1911-1924), when Icart was a relatively unkwn artist and his edition sizes were small. With few exceptions, the book contains large, full color illustrations which give the reader a true representation of the full-size etchings. The authors clarify some of the existing confusion surrounding Icart's work, explaining the variations in his signature, the use of the Windmill seal and other seals, and the myriad of copyright tations found on his etchings. The etchings have been carefully measured and dated. This is a great addition to the Icart legacy.
- Author(s)Clifford P. Catania,Nathan D. Isen,William R. Holland
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication15/05/2002
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note510 color illus.
- Weight2260 g
- Width229 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.