All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLike few others, Louis Kahn cultivated the craft of drawing as a means to architecture. His personal design drawings - seen either as a method of discovery or for themselves - are unique in the twentieth century. Over two hundred - mostly unpublished - drawings by Kahn and his associates are woven together with a lively and informed commentary into an intimate biography of an architectural idea. Unfolding around the iconic project for the Dominican Motherhouse (1965 - 69) the drawings form a narrative which t only reveals the richness and hidden dimensions of this unbuilt masterpiece, but provides compelling insights into Louis Kahn's mature culture of designing. Kahn - long considered an architects' architectA - emerges as a vivid and instructive guide, provoking reflection on questions which continue to remain relevant: on how works are conceived, on how they might be perceived, on how they become part of human experience. Fascinating t only in their beauty, the drawings open a new and stimulating perspective on one of the past century's great architects.
- Author BiographyMichael Merrill , Dr.-Ing., is a practicing architect in the USA and Germany and assistant professor for Architectural Design at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology.
- Author(s)Michael Merrill
- PublisherLars Muller Publishers
- Date of Publication01/09/2010
- Place of PublicationBaden
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintLars Muller Publishers
- Content Note160
- Weight1678 g
- Width300 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $20.56Trending at AU $28.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.65
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.