All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt has the thoroughness of a history book yet reads with the personalized vision of a vel. Time Chester Brown reinvents the comic-book medium to create the critically acclaimed historical biography Louis Riel, winning the Harvey Awards for best writing and best graphic vel for his compelling, meticulous, and dispassionate retelling of the charismatic, and perhaps insane, nineteenth-century Metis leader. Brown coolly documents with dramatic subtlety the violent rebellion on the Canadian prairie led by Riel, who some regard a martyr who died in the name of freedom, while others consider him a treacherous murderer.
- Author BiographyCHESTER BROWN is the author of I Never Liked You, The Little Man, The Playboy, and Yummy Fur. He lives in Toronto; he is an illustrator for The New York Times Magazine and The New Yorker.
- Author(s)Chester Brown
- PublisherDrawn and Quarterly
- Date of Publication08/11/2006
- SubjectGraphic Novels: General
- Place of PublicationMontreal
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintDrawn and Quarterly
- Content Noteb&w
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.03
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.20Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.