All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume is an unprecedented history of Louis Vuitton s women s bags, the most coveted line of accessories in women s fashion. At the heart of Louis Vuitton are its City Bags, a range of women s bags that dates back to the turn of the twentieth century. Featuring the trademark mograms of the house, the City Bag story began with the Steamer, a resort bag designed in 1901 to be packed inside a much larger steamer trunk. These bags have in a hundred years formally diversified into a dizzying array of handbags for every conceivable function demanded by the modern woman. Profoundly influential, City Bags are w kwn to millions by their descriptive names (Keepall, Bucket, Papillon, Alma, Locket, Noe, Speedy) and are still evolving into more fantastical forms. Lavishly illustrated with new and archival photography, historical graphics, landmark editorials, and ad campaigns, the volume traces the history of these specific bag families, and examines the earliest specimens and today s most sought-after collectibles, including Vuitton s collaborations with Takashi Murakami, Stephen Sprouse, Richard Prince, Yayoi Kusama, and Rei Kawakubo and one-off projects by Zaha Hadid, Shigeru Ban, Vivienne Westwood, Helmut Lang, Andree Putman, and of course, Marc Jacobs. Louis Vuitton: City Bags is an ambitious volume on the creation and cultivation of a cultural phemen.
- Author BiographyMarc Jacobs is the creative director for Louis Vuitton and designer for the Marc Jacobs and Marc by Marc Jacobs lines. Florence Muller is a curator, fashion historian, and associate professor at the Institut Francais de la Mode. Takashi Murakami is an artist based in New York and Tokyo.
- Author(s)Florence Muller,Marc Jacobs
- PublisherRizzoli International Publications
- Date of Publication23/09/2013
- SubjectFashion & Beauty
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRizzoli International Publications
- Content Note400 Colour
- Weight2613 g
- Width241 mm
- Height311 mm
- Spine35 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.