Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a concise study of the defining aspects of the reign of Louis XIV. The nature of French monarchy, methods of government, Louis's relationship to his subjects and to the churches, the organisation of cultural life, and France's relations with the rest of Europe are all considered. Dr. Sturdy relates Louis and his regime to the longer-term movements of French history and to some of the wider historical forces at work in seventeenth-century Europe. He raises past and present historiographical controversies surrounding Louis XIV and indicates some of the major problems in interpretation which still confront historians.
- Author BiographyDAVID STURDY is Senior Lecturer in History at the University of Ulster.
- Author(s)David J. Sturdy
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication15/07/1998
- SubjectHistory: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleEuropean History in Perspective
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight290 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.