All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThe opening of the Louvre-Lens is an exceptional opportunity to rethink the centuries-old relationship between the collections in the Louvre Museum and its visitors. At the heart of this museum is the Galerie du Temps, whose design was entrusted to Studio Adrien Gardere. It presents 205 exhibits from all the departments in the Louvre in a single space. Displayed in chrological order, these works have previously always been seen in separate exhibition spaces, being issued from different civilisations, schools or techniques. On this journey through different civilizations, the gallery allows visitors to compare universally recognized masterpieces, such as Gudea, Prince of Lagash, the statuette of Queen Tiye Beside King Amenhotep III, the Discophoros, the Angel s Head mosaic from the basilica in Torcello, Self-Portrait with a Friend by Raphael, the Bather by Falconet and Oedipus and the Sphinx by Ingres. This guide to the Louvre-Lens discusses and reproduces in their entirety the works exhibited in the Galerie du Temps, allowing us to prolong and deepen our visual encounter with art and history.
- Author BiographyXavier Dectot is the Director of the Louvre-Lens Museum. Jean-Luc Martinez is the President-Director of the Musee du Louvre. Vincent Pomarede is the Director of the Department of Paintings of the Musee du Louvre.
- Author(s)Jean-Luc Martinez,Vincent Pomarede,Xavier Dectot
- PublisherSomogy Editions d'Art
- Date of Publication31/05/2015
- Place of PublicationParis
- Country of PublicationFrance
- ImprintSomogy Editions d'Art
- Weight839 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.