All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn her bed in her room in her castle, a girl longs for a dragon. In his nest in his cave in his mountain, a dragon dreams of a girl. When a lonely dragon follows a trail of princess tears, a beautiful friendship is born. They march and sing, roar and whisper, hide and seek, then settle into snug companionship at bedtime. Barbara Joosse s fiercely protective and gently loving dragon cavorts across the pages, endearingly illustrated by Randy Cecil. At the end of the day, who can resist curling up in the embrace of a lovabye dragon?
- Author BiographyBarbara Joosse has written many books for children. Among them are Mama, Do You Love Me?, illustrated by Barbara Lavallee; and I Love You the Purplest, illustrated by Mary Whyte. She says, When I was a little girl, I wished for two things a best friend, and something so ferocious it would scare away the monsters under my bed. And so I have written Lovabye Dragon. I think maybe it s for little me. Barbara Josse lives in Wisconsin. Randy Cecil has illustrated more than twenty books for children, including Brontorina by James Howe, And Here s to You! by David Elliott, and My Father, the Dog and How Do You Wokka-Wokka?, both by Elizabeth Bluemle. He is also the author-illustrator of Duck and Gator. Randy Cecil lives in Houston.
- Author(s)Barbara Joosse
- PublisherCandlewick Press,U.S.
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationCambrudge, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCandlewick Press,U.S.
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width236 mm
- Height274 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Randy Cecil
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,Picture book,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.