All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe most intriguing part of love is the reality that from the pains of love comes strength, determination and the chance to ride off into the sunset, for real!
- Author BiographyElegance, grace, coupled with a sense of humor, yes that's Mo (Monique Stubbs-Hall) A Million Dollar smile, that will light up any room, but a Million Dollar attitude to accompany it. Don't allow, though, the exterior to fool you into believing that Mo is naive and untouched from the perils of life. A Native of Nassau, Bahamas Mo was brought up in a very spiritual household with strict but loving parents who she accredits for her bubbly, positive, outgoing personality coupled with a strong work ethic. Having traveled abroad with her family and gaining exposure to a variety of ethnic backgrounds, she has no problem transcending her inspirational words to any type of audience, she just loves people! Growing up in a sheltered environment, Mo was totally unprepared to discover that her beautiful marraige of 13 years was nothing more than a facade. Devasted to find that for over half of those years her mate was secretely living an alternative lifestyle, Mo had to come to grips with this discovery and make some life changing decisions. It took Mo through two years of medication treatment for depression and anxiety in order to avoid a complete emotional breakdown. It was through this period that she realized she had two choices, to wallow in self pity and become immobilized or to pick herself up and choose to enjoy life. Of course no one could ever imagine the emotional devestation and pain that comes from this type of deception unless they have experienced it. When Mo stopped being mad, she decided to turn her energies into healing and focusing on being strong for the sake of her three inspirations (Gordon, Monet and Chloe). When she looks into their eyes every day she is reminded of why she must continue to set an example for them so that they will acquire what she calls BBA (Bounce Back Ability) as they experience life's roller coasters. Mo feels that pouring herself into writing was the best method of self-healing. It seemed that through my most intense moments the words just flowed from my heart right into the ink of my pen! Now when I go back and read some of my works I'm amazed at where I was and how far I have come. Mo began writing for personal healing but after sharing some of her work with a few close friends and family members she realized that her work could become a source of healing and inspiration to others going through life's highs and lows. So Mo's Mic was born. Mo's Mic is poetry is motion and Mo is on the move! Her vision is to tastefully, elegantly and gracefully represent Women of Strength, past and present, as she presents her inspirational pieces. Look out for her upcoming book Love Ain't Pain Free and her soon to be released CD entitled Mo Blues, Mo Love. Despite Mo's painful experiences she is still a strong believer in the institution of marraige, because it's beautiful, when it's right, she says. She is now remarried to her supportive husband, Charles, who she is looking forward to spending eternity with! Watch out for Mo's Mic, unquestionably an unforgettable experience!
- Author(s)Monique Stubbs-Hall
- PublisherTrafford Publishing
- Date of Publication03/10/2006
- SubjectSelf Improvement: General
- Place of PublicationVictoria
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintTrafford Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight182 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $21.97
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.