All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAt the age of 14 Tamika found herself in a relationship that caused her to question her entire existence. A relationship where her pet name was Dookie, and she was choked when she said to having sex . Love Doesn't Leave Bruises is the first book of its kind as it details Tamika's battle with dating violence and low self-esteem through the fictional story of Evelyn. Evelyn is a senior in high school who seems to have it all together but secretly struggles with the desire to fit in and be loved. When she finally gets a chance to be with her school crush AJ, she learns that love is more than just a four letter word. As the story progresses readers will be educated on the reality of dating violence with Thought-provoking questions, A Relationship Quiz, Safety Planning Guide, and Dating Bill of Rights. Written specifically for teens, Love Doesn't Leave Bruises! is perfect for individual use, in group settings, classrooms, conferences/workshops, and youth book clubs.
- Author BiographyTamika Hall, Mrs. Maryland Essence 2009, travels extensively throughout the Country spreading her message that Love Doesn't Leave Bruises! Described by Sister Diva's Magazine as Young, Powerful, and Determined, Tamika is a force to be reckoned with! Tamika was recently appointed by Liz Claiborne as the Maryland State Action Leader/Spokesperson for the MADE Coalition. She hosts her own radio broadcast, Tough Talk with Tamika.
- Author(s)Tamika Hall
- PublisherLeading Lady Publications
- Date of Publication13/08/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLeading Lady Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight186 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.49Trending at AU $29.39
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $33.37
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.74
- AU $36.86Trending at AU $44.04
- AU $31.94Trending at AU $38.72
- AU $15.44Trending at AU $17.17
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.