All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.94
About this product
- DescriptionCan the way in which we relate to others seriously affect our health? Can understanding those attachments help health care providers treat us better? In Love, Fear, and Health, psychiatrists Robert Maunder and Jonathan Hunter draw on evidence from neuroscience, stress physiology, social psychology, and evolutionary biology to explain how understanding attachment - the ways in which people seek security in their close relationships - can transform patient outcomes. Using attachment theory, Maunder and Hunter provide a practical, clinically focused introduction to the influence of attachment styles on an individual's risk of disease and the effectiveness of their interactions with health care providers. Drawing on more than fifty years of combined experience as health care providers, teachers, and researchers, they explain in clear language how health care workers in all disciplines can use this kwledge to meet their patients' needs better and to improve their health.
- Author BiographyRobert Maunder is a professor in the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Toronto and the head of research in the Department of Psychiatry at Mount Sinai Hospital. Jonathan Hunter is an associate professor in the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Toronto and the head of the consultation-liaison division in the Department of Psychiatry at Mount Sinai Hospital and the University of Toronto.
- Author(s)Jonathan Hunter,Robert Maunder
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication16/09/2015
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Content Note17 figures
- Weight640 g
- Width160 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.