All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA deeply personal account of Elton John's life during the era of AIDS and an inspiring call to action. In the 1980s, Elton John saw friend after friend, loved one after loved one, perish needlessly from AIDS. He befriended Ryan White, a young Indiana boy ostracized because of his HIV infection. Ryan's inspiring life and devastating death led Elton to two realizations: His own life was a mess. And he had to do something to help stop the AIDS crisis. Since then, Elton has dedicated himself to overcoming the plague and the stigma of AIDS. The Elton John AIDS Foundation has raised and donated $275 million to date to fighting the disease worldwide. Love Is the Cure includes stories of Elton's close friendships with Ryan White, Freddie Mercury, Princess Diana, Elizabeth Taylor, and others, and the story of the Elton John AIDS Foundation. Sales of Love Is the Cure benefit the Elton John AIDS Foundation.
- Author BiographySir Elton John is one of the most esteemed, beloved, and best-selling songwriters, performers, and recording artists in history. His hits include Gold and Platinum classics Tiny Dancer, Crocodile Rock, Daniel, I'm Still Standing, and dozens more, and his single Candle in the Wind 1997, a tribute to his friend Princess Diana, is the best-selling single in Billboard history.
- Author(s)Sir Elton John
- PublisherLittle Brown and Company
- Date of Publication26/11/2013
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLittle Brown and Company
- Weight136 g
- Width132 mm
- Height145 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Read byAuthor
- Contained items statement5 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time300
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $93.78Trending at AU $97.13
- AU $20.36Trending at AU $34.81
- AU $32.65Trending at AU $39.17
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $36.48
- AU $18.31Trending at AU $19.57
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.19
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $44.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.