All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere is more indulgent treat than layers of flavoured sponge sandwiched together with scrummy fillings and decorated in the prettiest ways possible. Containing over 30 recipes for delectable sponges and mouth-watering fillings, Love Layer Cakes provides the inspiration for years of flavoursome and fool-proof baking. The book contains cakes for teatime treats that are proven favourites at The Peggy Porschen Parlour in central London as well as brand new recipes developed especially for this book. Peggy classics include the ever-popular Salted caramel cake, covered in marbled chocolate ganache and caramel fudge squares, and Vanilla cloud cake decorated with a dainty sky blue cloud stencil. New cakes include the Toasted marshmallow cake, kid-friendly Cheeky monkey cake, and Rose and pistachio cake makes an elegant centrepiece for any occasion. There are cake designs suitable for every occasion and, as you would expect from a master baker like Peggy Porschen, the recipes are all triple-tested to ensure perfect results for even the vice home baker. For better baking, Peggy divulges many of her golden rules for the perfect sponge plus professional cheats and tricks for perfect cake decorating and - perhaps best of all - the book comes with two free food-safe cake stencils featuring exclusive designs by Peggy Porschen herself so that you can effortlessly recreate designs from the book.
- Author BiographyPeggy Porschen moved from her native Germany to London in 1998 to study at Le Cordon Bleu cookery school. Quickly developing an individual style, Peggy established her own business in 2003, Peggy Porschen Cakes, a bespoke design company that not only reflects her life-long love of baking but also celebrates beautiful craftsmanship, inspired by romance, femininity and fashion. Her cookies and cakes have graced many A-list events, such as Elton John's White Tie & Tiara Ball, the weddings of both Stella McCartney and Kate Moss and parties for Madonna, Sting & Trudie Styler and Gwyneth Paltrow. Peggy's first book, Pretty Party Cakes, was voted Best Entertaining Cookbook by the Gourmand World Cookbook Awards. She also regularly contributes to Conde Nast Brides, Wedding and Sainsbury's magazine, with many of her celebrity commissions featuring in Tatler, Vogue, OK! and Hello magazines. Autumn 2010 saw the opening of The Peggy Porschen Parlour in London's Belgravia, then in January 2011 she opened her Academy, London's first cookery school dedicated entirely to baking, cake decorating and sugarcraft.
- Author(s)Peggy Porschen
- PublisherQuadrille Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication21/05/2015
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintQuadrille Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteover 150 colour photographs
- Width197 mm
- Height253 mm
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $29.80
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $35.24
- AU $34.43Trending at AU $39.27
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $50.69
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $33.91
- AU $33.74Trending at AU $39.64
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $33.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.