All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAt a time when the sporting world seems to be losing its perspective, author John Clendening provides ather viewpoint. In Love Letters to Sports, he celebrates sports at its best-its moments in time that capture our hearts and remind us of the role it can play as a touch point in our lives. In this memoir, Clendening narrates his special sports moments, such as his first-ever road trip with his eight-year-son and how his son's sports obsession at a young age reminds him of his own. He tells of going to a football game in Texas and falling in love all over again with a certain cheerleader, and how his favorite anuncer brought him to tears on the night his youngest daughter was born. This collection of 19 personal essays pays tribute to our own moments in time and moments in life when sports play a supporting role in creating memories never to be forgotten. From football to tennis, from baseball to golf, from the fields of youth to the armchair of middle age, this is t a book about love, r is it one about sports. It's about the many times and places the two have met in one man's life.
- Author(s)John Clendening
- Date of Publication17/10/2011
- SubjectAutobiography: Sport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight358 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.95
- AU $19.54Trending at AU $22.76
- AU $32.25Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $15.04Trending at AU $16.94
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $31.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.