Love Me, Love My Dog: And Other Stories by Shouhua Qi (Paperback / softback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $23.06Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $33.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe 14 stories collected in this book are about people caught in the unsettling dramas of Chinese society accelerating at a blistering pace in the decades after the Cultural Revolution, as can be evidenced by the titles of the stories: The Evidence, The Tenants, Old Batteries, Love Me, Love My Dog, Buddha's Feet, How Was Your Dance Today?, Big Mama, The Long March, Sort of, The Girl in Blue Jeans, Red Guard Fantasies.. .. Love Me, Love My Dog and Other Stories is based on an earlier edition titled Red Guard Fantasies and Other Stories (Long River Press, 2007), which has won praises from acclaimed fiction writers such as Gloria Frym, author of Distance No Object and Homeless at Home: Qi's stories of post-Cultural Revolution China gloriously join the lineage of Chekhov. With unadorned prose and utmost compassion... Red Guard Fantasies offers glimpses of How to Be Chinese w that instructions from the Little Red Book longer apply. Daniel Asa Rose, author of Hiding Places: A Father and His Sons Retrace Their Family's Escape from the Holocaust: By turns tender and chilling, these elegant and deeply kwing tales linger in the mind. Witty, poignant, absurd, and shocking, Love Me, Love My Dog stories offer a telling depiction of the myriad world of jaded entrepreneurs, overzealous cops, karaoke fanatics, dog lovers (and haters), liberated coeds, and frustrated urbanites who move in and out of China's colorful neon-lit cites and dusty rural villages, transitioning from one world to the other.
- Author BiographyA native of China, Shouhua Qi came to the United States in 1989. His writings have appeared in Feminist Studies, AMBIT, The Connecticut Review, Rain Flower, and many other publications. He is the author of When the Purple Mountain Burns: A Novel (2005, in both English and Chinese editions), Red Guard Fantasies and Other Stories (2007), Bridging the Pacific: Searching for Cross-Cultural Understanding Between the United States and China (2000), the editor and translator of Pearl Jacket and Other Stories: Flash Fiction from Contemporary China (2008), and more than ten other books. Qi is Professor of English at Western Connecticut State University.
- Author(s)Shouhua Qi
- Date of Publication20/05/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $23.66Trending at AU $30.15
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.51Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.