Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere is more going on in the village of Buckleigh than meets the eye and its sense of community is often as much a curse as a blessing. While Barrie, the local mayor, is driven into the arms of tough single mother Debbie, his father lusts after a former chorus girl whose breath w smells of 'cabbage and chocolates'. Meanwhile, a farmer's wife is driven to murder by her unfaithful husband, a carnival queen faces an uncertain future and the postman is in danger of realising his sexual fantasies. Playing on in the background of each of these wry, interlinked tales is the village silver band, swilling cider and keeping a sharp eye out for any misbehaviour.
- Author BiographyJane Feaver was born in Durham in 1964. After reading English at university she worked at the Pitt Rivers Museum and then in the Poetry Department at Faber and Faber. In 2001 she moved to Devon with her daughter. Her first novel, According to Ruth, was published to critical acclaim in 2007.
- PrizesShortlisted for Edge Hill Prize for the Short Story 2010.
- Author(s)Jane Feaver
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication06/05/2010
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight170 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.03
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $22.15Trending at AU $23.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.