Love That Boy: What Two Presidents, Eight Road Trips, and My Son Taught Me About Rightsizing a Parent's Expectations by Ron Fournier (Hardback, 2016)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $29.79Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $36.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTyler and I inch toward the Green Room, in line with blow-dried TV anchors and stuffy columnists. He s practicing his handshake and hello: It s a pleasure to meet you, Mr. President. It s a pleasure to meet you, Mr. President. It s a pleasure to meet you, Mr. President. When the couple in front of us steps forward for their picture, my teenager with sky-blue eyes and a soft heart looks up at me and says, I hope I don t let you down, Dad. What kind of father raises a son to worry about embarrassing his dad? I want to tell Tyler t to worry, that he d never let me down. That there s thing wrong with being different. That I actually am proud of what makes him special. But we are next in line to meet the president of the United States in a room filled with fellow strivers, and all I can think about is the real possibility that Tyler might embarrass himself. Or, God forbid, me. LOVE THAT BOY is a uniquely personal story about the causes and costs of outsized parental expectations. What we want for our children popularity, rmalcy, achievement, genius and what they truly need grit, empathy, character are explored by National Journal s Ron Fournier, who weaves his extraordinary journey to acceptance around the latest research on childhood development and stories of other loving-but-struggling parents.
- Author BiographyRON FOURNIER is the Senior Political Columnist for National Journal. He began his family and career in Arkansas, covering then Governor Bill Clinton before moving to Washington in 1993, where he covered politics and the presidency during the administrations of Clinton, George W. Bush, and Barack Obama. Fournier also served as a fellow at the Harvard Institute of Politics, where he co-wrote the New York Times bestseller Applebee's America. He holds the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi Award for coverage of the 2000 elections, and he is a four-time winner of the prestigious White House Correspondents' Association Merriman Smith Memorial Award.
- Author(s)Ron Fournier
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication12/04/2016
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarmony Books
- Weight318 g
- Width210 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $86.95New
- AU $40.99Used
- AU $112.52New
- AU $97.37Used
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.26New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.75New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.84
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.87
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.21
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $60.98Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.