All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Love and its Vicissitudes Andre Green and Gregorio Kohon draw on their extensive clinical experience to produce an insightful contribution to the psychoanalytic understanding of love. In Part I, 'To Love or Not to Love - Eros and Eris', Andre Green addresses some important questions: What is essential to love in life? What, in the psychoanalytic method, is related to it? Should we understand love by referring to its earliest and most primitive roots? Or should we take as our starting point the experience of the adult? He argues that while science has made contribution to our understanding of love, art, literature and especially poetry are the best introduction to it. In Part II, Love in the Time of Madness, Gregorio Kohon provides a detailed clinical study of an individual suffering a psychotic breakdown. He describes how the exclusive as well as the intense lasting dependence to a primary carer create the conditions for a rmal madness to develop. This is t only at the source of later psychotic states and the perversions but also at the origin of all forms of love, as demonstrated in its re-appearance in the situation of transference. Love and its Vicissitudes moves beyond conventional psychoanalytic discourse to provide a stimulating and revealing reflection on the place of love in psychoanalytic theory and practice.
- Author BiographyAndre Green is a Training Analyst and Past President of the Paris Psychoanalytic Society, and an Honorary Member of the British Psychoanalytical Society. A prolific writer, his books include The Fabric of Affect in the Psychoanalytic Discourse and Key Ideas for a Contemporary Psychoanalysis. Gregorio Kohon is a Training Analyst of the British Psychoanalytical Society. He has published and edited a number of books, including The Dead Mother: The Work of Andre Green.
- Author(s)Andre Green,Gregorio Kohon
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication02/06/2005
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $21.91Trending at AU $29.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.