All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSypsis The past On the sunny Isle of Jamaica, a baby girl was found abandoned behind a local church. No one knew where she came from. She seemed to have just dropped from the sky, possessing the most unique eyes, one had ever seen before. They were blue, and under certain lighting, they would change to a incandescent prism of green, almost catlike. Caroline Faulkner grew up, searching for her past and running from her past. With the passing of time, she married Chamberlain Van Hamilton who loved her with every vestige of his being. But his love could t protect her from the tragedy that would beset both their lives. Caroline died looking at the baby that was like a reincarnation of her. Please save my baby, she must live, she repeated, until her face transformed into a vision of serenity, lifting the pain of a lifetime, leaving her with only the purity she was born with. The Present Drulietta Van Hamilton grew into a beautiful young woman, mastering the arts of karate, judo and how to shoot a gun. She traveled the world with her architect father, always on the move, or maybe on the run. Eventually, her father died, and she returned to the estate with hopes of raising her young son, giving him the stability that she craved as a child. Suddenly, everyone was referring to the resemblance she had for her mother, calling her a Willoween beauty, acting like they were seeing her for the first time. Then her beautiful life evolved into a nightmare. With the dawning of each new day, a new link was added to her chain of puzzle, making her enigmatic life even more complex. Her friends and her foes were dying. The estate became a focal point for marijuana trafficking; and she could trust one, t even the police. Three links kept converging and yet remained separate. They were marijuana trafficking, her mother's past, and 'Friends in High Places'. Haunted by the nightmares that had become her realities, Drulietta struggled to learn the truth about her past. The Future Amid her chaotic existence, she met Chad Ogilvy, a young surgeon with secrets of his own. Sparks began to ignite between them, awakening passions that they may t be able to control. But the nightmare continued. Chad and her son were w in danger from the men, who erased her past, emphasizing the awareness that she may t have a future unless she solved the events of her twilight world.
- Author BiographyABOUT THE AUTHOR: Charity Hope Hamilton Jacquett Tate was born on the Island of Jamaica. As a child, her bedroom window was a source of awe and wonderment as she watched the rising sun, spreading its incandescent rays across the clouds, rising majestically above the horizon. Then, in the evenings she used to bask in the serenity of watching the same sun, like a great ball of smoldering lights, disappearing into the unknown. Adventurous by nature, she migrated to the United States of America, and attended Kean University in Union, New Jersey. She obtained a B.S. degree in Accounting, but spent the major part of her career in Business Management. With the passing of time, she returned to her first passion which is writing. She was ten years old when she wrote her first poem, and dreamt of becoming an accomplished author. Love and Mayhem on the Sunny Isle of Jamaica is her first book. It is a romantic thriller with a dash of romance, mystery, and adventure; incorporating the beautiful scenery of the island in its action-filled pages. Hope Hamilton Tate loves to create poetry and appreciates the art of original writing. She adores the beauty of nature, hence the evocative Jamaican sceneries in her writing. In fact, one of the best ways to really see her is to peek inside her inner thoughts as she skillfully crafted each of the characters and the scenes in her book.
- Author(s)Hope Hamilton Tate
- Date of Publication22/02/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight435 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $24.16Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.51Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.